The company, which already operates in 13 cities including London and Istanbul, claims to be clocking two million passengers a month and has recently received $100-million funding.
Undeterred by the controversy around taxi-hailing companies such as Uber, French car-pooling firm BlaBlaCar launched services in India. Drivers (who can’t be taxi operators) will meet potential passengers through a portal and an application. The company operates in 13 cities including London and Istanbul and claims to be clocking two million passengers a month and has recently received $100 million funding.
BlaBlaCar ensures that you travel comfortably and securely with great people of your choice:
• Authentic member profiles verified by our Member Relations team
• Ratings shown on profiles establish the reputation of each member
• Easily communicate with fellow members via in-app messaging
• Set price limits for each journey to ensure prices are fair and transparent
OFFER A RIDE
Share your driving costs with great people and save money:
• Publish your ride in seconds
• Approve other members to travel with you
• Enjoy your journey with great people and share your driving costs
FIND A RIDE
Travel with a member from our trusted community who’s going your way:
• Search for a ride to your destination city, even last minute
• Check the profiles of the members offering a ride, and get in touch to request a ride
• Travel together in comfort, meet great people and enjoy the journey!