The ancient and popular practice of Ayurveda has its roots in India and today Indian hospitality sector is investing large chunk into spa facilities. No doubt why travelers and tourists from far and near flock in to enjoy the benefits of Ayurvedic spa therapies in widely popular spa resorts in India. What could be more relaxing than indulging into spa therapies during holidays? Here are some of the must visit Ayurvedic Spa resorts in India-
- Moksha Himalaya, Himachal Pradesh: located in the Parwanoo region of Himachal Pradesh, this authentic and tranquil resort is just the treat you’d love to give yourself. A serene atmosphere with Himalayas in the backdrop and situated at a height of 5000 ft above sea level, Moksha unfurls wide selections of spa treatments and therapies from around the globe to give you that long awaited rejuvenation. A perfect pick for a weekend getaway, the place is best choice for couples, family or for solo retreats.
- The Leela’s ESPA Spa, Udaipur: one of the luxury hotels in India, the Leela’s spa is one of the must have experience for spa lovers. With a great collection of varieties of spa treatments and therapies including facials, hot stone massages and wonderful selection of body massages, you can also opt for a private spa retreat in spa tents with walled gardens and private swimming pool. Breathing in the land of the Royals, the Leela is one of the prominent hotels in Rajasthan and a popular spot for spa therapies.
- Wildflower Hall, Shimla: elevated at 8,000 ft above sea level in the Queen of Hills, the Wildflower Hall is paradise in its purest form. Escape in to the mountains amidst the lush green pine paddocks and tasting the architectural wonders of the colonial era, unleash yourself into arms of rejuvenation. Indulge into an array of massages and Ayurvedic therapies that are so soothing to the core you cannot resist but visit again. What even more alluring are the yoga sessions and specialty baths. The place isn’t awarded for no reason.
- Kairali-the Ayurvedic Healing Village, Kerala: Kerala is well known for its spa centric resorts which are quiet a common factor why tourists are seen in abundant enjoying the fruits of Ayurveda here. Kairali-the Ayurvedic Healing Village located in Palakkad, Kerala is yet another name representing the healing culture of Ayurvedic spa. With traditional treatments infused with modern technology, Kairali is one of those very few Ayurvedic spa resorts in the country which specializes in a wide collection of Ayurvedic treatments, Ayurvedic diets,vedic knowledge, Ayurvedic medicines and oils. What you’ll like most is the traditional yet modern villa for accommodation which is unique in itself.
- Sawadhee Traditional Thai Spa, Delhi: located in Vasant Kunj region in Delhi, Sawadhee is an award winning luxury spa resort. This place is quiet a relief in a busy city like Delhi. Sawadhee is spread across a sprawling area of over 5000 sq. ft and most amazingly it is the biggest day spa in the city. There is a vast list of specialties to choose from-facial massage, body treatments, foot therapies and a whole range of body therapies to choose from. The place is an exotic paradise to be in with skilled staffs. Sawadhee has to its name several prestigious awards including the Geo Spa Asia Spa Award for Best Spa Interiors and Geo Spa Asia Spa Award for most Luxurious Spa.
- Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa, Gulmarg: set amidst the majestic and spectacular view of the Himalayas, the Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa is located in the Gulmarg region of Jammu & Kashmir. Gazing at the panoramic view of the snow clad mountains and the serene arrays of the pines, indulging in a spa treatment- what else could be more satisfying than this in a weekend gateway? Spread over 7 acres of coniferous forests, this wonderful resort houses 85 rooms which are pure luxury. Experience the best of traditional body therapies along with some added exclusive treatments from Sweden, Hawaii, Bali and Shiatsu. You can never have enough of the beauty of the hills in India and the flavor is heightened in Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa.
- Shin Shiva Ayurvedic Resort, Kovalam: set on the enchanted view of the Arabian Sea, Shin Shiva Ayurvedic Resort is close to the Kovalam Beach in Kerala. Breathing peace and serenity, the resort offers comfortable stay and rejuvenating spa treatment infused with traditional methods. Under the guidance of experienced doctors and masseurs, Shin Shiva offers variety of effective treatments for a number of ailments through time tested methods of Ayurveda. Age old practice of yoga is also preached here which is why this place is just the right choice for anyone seeking an overall spa retreat.
Spa resorts are today one of the most desired destinations among travelers and one should for sure visit these Ayurvedic spa resorts to unfold a new experience. Which do you plan to visit next?